The Residency in Mission (RIM) is an immersive mission and evangelism experience designed for young adults who are called to serve beyond their home country in partnership with ministries in the Methodist Wesleyan family. RIM is a 9-12 month commitment that includes guided mentorship from mission and evangelism leadership experts. RIM also provides opportunities for host ministries to strengthen the work in their local contexts, while offering Residents an environment in which to grow in their ministry service. Each ministry context has been carefully vetted to provide safe surroundings with well-established support systems.
The Resident in Mission should be someone who:
- Seeks to be a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ
- Has a genuine desire to serve others in Jesus’ name
- Prioritizes the ministry goals of their place of service
- Desires to learn more about missional leadership
- Is exploring a call to long-term mission/ministry service
- Is willing to raise their own support partnership team and be sent by their local church
- Is teachable and flexible
Residents in Mission must have completed high school or the equivalent. Current or future university and/or seminary students are welcome to apply. The Resident in Mission should be a citizen or resident of Australia, Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States.