If American cultural is becoming increasingly secular, and many would say that it is, how does the church faithfully fulfil its mission to share the life-changing message of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Not too long ago, it was reasonable to expect that someone would be involved in, or least familiar with, the local church. Now, the church and the teachings of Jesus seem to be increasingly unfamiliar to many in the culture.
Americans, however, are not the first to experience this.
England is further down the road on this journey of seeking to engage a changing culture. What can the church in the United States learn from those who are working to engage in evangelism and mission in places where the work is made harder by such a cultural climate?
Wesleyan Methodist church leaders and scholars in England are on the growing edge of innovative work in these never-before-seen environments. The field is ready for new seeds and new ways. And the churches in the United States may soon discover themselves in the middle of such a field in the near future.
This is why WME is introducing the Convergence Conference. This experience is a unique opportunity for American pastors to learn directly from, and with, leaders in these new movements of evangelism. We strongly believe that while many see stronger divisions between the church and the world around it, we see significant areas of Convergence.
Scholars and ministry leaders will challenge and inspire us to find the areas of convergence around important topics like:
- Science and Faith – Learn important insights about the Convergence of Science and Faith and faith-sharing in our current context.
- Pop Culture and Faith – Pop Culture is but a reflection of society’s seeking a Convergence of life’s bigger questions and their own place in the world. Learn more about how to engage these questions with the life-changing message of the gospel.
- In-Depth Bible Study – Leading scholars will lead us in Bible Study with key insights to communicating our faith with integrity
- Liquid Ecclesiology – Catch a vision for how the church can embrace the liquid nature of culture rather than just scrambling to keep afloat while sailing over it.
- The Monastic and The Missional – For more than 1400 years, pilgrims have walked the Convergence of the Monastic and Missional in the Northeast of England. Come walk with them and learn how it can impact your ministry.
- Fresh Expressions – Learn how to help create new places for new people in the Convergence of Main Street and the Gospel Message.
- Millennials and Faith – Learn to engage this generation with faithful leadership for this generations to come
- Evangelism in the Digital Age – Technology provides us with all sorts of new opportunities. Learn more about these Convergences!